Share

Jun 12, 2013

Terrible Customer Service Experience at XYZ Telecom on Adeola Odeku


Very excited about this post below, It is our very first Customer Service story from a reader!  It shows people are responding to this website, it also makes me feel guilty that we have not been making regular posts.
Many thanks to our  twitter followers @service_talks, we see your DM's and we do appreciate them. Customer Service is important to the CSI team and we intend making a difference!

I have gotten a number of stories from people, talking about their worst experiences, most of them have mentioned specific companies and banks, before we go about publishing these stories, we would like to find out the legal implications to avoid lawsuits (all that balderdash about defamation of character, yada yada).


We would also like you all to know that this is not an opportunity to smear or slander targeted companies! If your cable is not working, or your flight was delayed, or your telecom/ service provider is acting crazy, or your bank is making crazy deduction, please find out why and be as sincere as possible about your stories. Also commend organisations that have been doing well in Customer Service delivery, I am sure there are some good stories out there!


We want to make a difference to CUSTOMER SERVICE DELIVERY in Nigeria, we want companies to SEAT UP!

Thank you Obehi Okaisabo from Lagos for this contribution, Like I already told her, we will take out the name of the particular staff member, and the Telecom company.


CSI, I really hope this is published, cos I am sitting down at my office, typing this mail and really seething in anger.
Recently, I have been getting these annoying sms' from XYZ saying that I have not registered my line as per the NCC regulation, so I decided to go find out what the problem was as I had registered my line the first month NCC mentioned it (which is over two years ago)
I went to XYZ on Adeola Odeku as it is close to my house, first I thought it was a mix up and they would tell me to go, but some ill mannered lady tells me
'go and sit down with the other people there, they all came to register like you'
I was shocked at her hostility, but I complied.
Then some elderly many walks up to her from his seat and complains that he has been sitting for a while now, to which she responded 'have you filled out a form?' 
of course the old man was not informed that he had to, so after much drama she gave him a form and he went back to fill it.
I took this as a cue and went back to ask if I would have to fill one out as well, as I had registered before, and her reply was 'if you dont fill out a form, how will I know your details?'
At this point my patience was already wearing thin , so I snapped at her. I told her I had watched her be rude and not give people the right information for the past thirty minutes, and I was not going to take it from her. She told me I could go to another branch if I had a problem with her service!
At this point, other irritated customers joined me, and started expressing their disgust at her attitude.
Guess what? No manager came to scold her (maybe she is ogas girlfriend) and she was the only one attending to us all. She took probably a pee break, and came back when she felt like it!
I am still very mad as I type this, a colleague of mine said maybe she is overworked and frustrated, but seriously how is that my business?
Just appalled at the service we get in this country, and I had a similar one at the airport ....maybe I will send that one another day.

Please Intervene o!

1 comment:

  1. Obehi, I heard that it happened with most telecomms. dont know how true that is, but it seems those who registered early were not prperly captured. You would expect that this would be communicated politely to the customers.
    I know MTN gives some airtime as incentive (good idea)so people do not feel so bad when they have to send sms'. Also saves them a trip to some office.

    ReplyDelete